- Use hot-dipped galvanized or stainless steel nails.
- Nails should penetrate through the sheathing and at least 1” into studs.
- Position nails ¾” to 1” from the edge of the siding.
- Siding can either be blind nailed at the top or face nailed at the bottom.
- Sheath walls with plywood, oriented strand board (OSB), or foam.
- Cover sheathing with housewrap or felt paper.
- Pop chalk lines to mark the location of studs.
- Scoring: Fiber cement siding can be scored and snapped like drywall, though the cuts are not very smooth. Score the face of the siding then pull up to break. A carbide tipped scoring knife lasts much longer than a standard utility knife blade.